LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Men's best successes come after their disappointments.

Feeling....empowered


Another day in control!!! I am shocking myself. Now lets hope it shocks the system as well. Made a vegie based dished for dinner tonight that was so filling. It was a lentil vegetable hotpot. Will put the recipe on my recipe page after I write this! I am loving this control I have this week. It is an amazing change in mind set knowing that if I have that extra biscuit or extra serve of whatever I will be over my points. I am hoping if I lose weight on Saturday I keep going with this mind set. I need to take more control to achieve what I want to achieve. I did find out some bad news today and guess what not eating my emotions!!! So I will share with my blog friends... my Nan was diagnosed with Cushings Disease last year which is usually caused by a tumor on the pituitary gland.So about 12 months ago she had surgery on it to remove the tumor. The surgery was successful and tumor was benign. Anyway got a phone call from my Mum this afternoon saying that my Nan had an emergency MRI last night because they think the tumor has grown again. This time they can't perform surgery on it because they already know they can't get all of the tumor due to being so close to blood vessels etc. So now there are a couple of options for treatment this time but we are not sure which way they will go so just waiting on a report from the doctor now. Just when we thought she was back on the mend. :( So now I am having a hot chocolate (within my points still) just to get my chocolate fix and calm my emotions. Well I better write the recipe up and get ready for bed.  

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh darling!! You know I'm here for you, anytime! I understand what you're going through (I'm sure you remember when I lost my nan in HS). If you need to talk or rant or just say BLAH feel free to msg me anytime! xoxox

p.s. I'm totally making that lentil hot pot, I bought a bag of lentils from the supermarket to make lentil soup. I'd prob have to cook them first before I put them in the recipe hey... not being canned..

~Jess Jess~ said...

Thanks! Yeah you could need to cook them first before using them in this recipe or atleast soak them I think. It is such a yummy recipe.

Have a look

Related Posts with Thumbnails